We are led to action when we witness the tragedies in our world – oppression of the LGBTQA+ community, unjust law enforcement practices, and even natural disasters in our world. To make amends for a world that seems wrought with disaster. And, we know that there’s not much we can do to predict these moments of injustice.
However, on the other side of these injustices, we have the choice to view our response as reactionary moments:
- Social media posts.
- Phone calls to those in the affected marginalized community.
- Marches and vigils the night after a tragic event.
Or, we have the choice to live in a state of MOVEment:
- Where we become policy makers and changers.
- We are unafraid to call out injustice in our daily interaction with long-standing policies and systemic benefits that favor “the haves”, instead of the “have nots”.
- We challenge our privileged families to give away our social and economic capital.
Are you using your privilege to continue contributing to systems and empires that leave the next generation with insufficient resources? Or, are you in a state of MOVEment that challenges systems that allow two people to amass more wealth than 50% of the population?
We have the power to change ourselves, our families, and our society by remaining vigilant of what we inherit and to give back to the visible and invisible forces that contribute to make this world as accessible as it is.
Let’s MOVE toward a more human planet.